Test Data Management Assessment
Evaluation of your Test Data Management process, along with expert recommendation for improvement & an improvement plan.
Managing the intricacies of your organization’s test data is a challenge and your testing coverage needs are expanding as your infrastructure grows. The ever-changing landscape of test environments results in a constant reworking of your approach. Preparing and formatting test data to cover all viable test permutations is becoming unmanageable. Your organization is undergoing a digital transformation, but you can’t seem to balance the test data needs as you move to the cloud
In a data-driven world, the groups in your organization that is working under the following testing disciplines may struggle to meet their test data needs:
- Unit Testing
- Functional Testing
- System Testing
- Interface Testing
- Regression Testing
- Data Testing
- ETL Testing
- Incremental Testing
- Performance Testing
- Security Testing
Or maybe you have concerns about security as you are replicating actual production data into your testing environments. Even if you are secure in your own production data replication, you find there is a need to generate large amounts of synthetic data to cover your testing requirements.
The task of managing your test data needs can be overwhelming. You struggle with questions such as:
- How much of my test data covers real-world business scenarios?
- Am I covering all possible permutations?
- Does our Robot Process Automation have the necessary test data to properly emulate all of our business scenarios?
- Is my data sufficiently masked to protect our customer’s personal protected information?
- Why is test data preparation so time-consuming?
- Is my data outdated or unrealistic?
- Can I generate enough data to cover all my test cases?
- How can data generation be automated and integrated with my existing DevOps or DataOps?
Components Of The Assessment
- Business analysis
- Data architecture analysis
- Testing process evaluation
- Test data management analysis
- DataOps/DevOps evaluation
- Resource evaluation (optional)
- Metrics evaluation
- Risk assessment
- Detailed analysis report with recommendations
- Presentation to your team on findings
- Proposal for successful implementation
RTTS can help you improve your processes and help you work towards a successful test data management strategy