This 5-day class combines all of RTTS' Selenium with C# courses into an intensive session designed to accelerate your learning of this tool.
This introductory course is designed to familiarize testing professionals with the basics of testing web applications using Selenium. Testers can build, enhance, and maintain scripts using Visual Studio. Hands-on instruction is provided for those who want to explore the power of using Selenium. The Katalon Recorder plug-in builds effective and resilient test scripts using a wide variety of current programming languages. The focus is on the practical application of Selenium to resolve common web automated testing challenges. This course focuses on getting started with Selenium.
The C# module is designed to provide students with the foundation in C# necessary for RTTS' Advanced Selenium course. This module is intended for users of Selenium seeking to gain the C# skills necessary to customize test scripts.
This advanced-level course is designed to bring testing professionals who use Selenium to a new level of skill with the tool. Testers will learn how to use advanced Selenium features to enhance Selenium automated test suites using the Visual Studio IDE Editor. Hands-on instruction is provided for those who want to explore the power of using Selenium. The focus is on the practical application of Selenium to resolve web automated testing challenges with sophistication.
- New users of Selenium who need to test Web applications. The course is designed primarily for testing professionals who will be using the automation tools.
- Quality assurance practitioners, managers, or team leaders who are responsible for interacting with the testers or who need to ensure that the tools are being implemented fully and appropriately.
At the end of the course, you will be able to:
- Describe the function and purpose of Selenium
- Record automated scripts
- Play back automated scripts
- View and analyze results
- Modify scripts to extend the capability to test the application
- Configure Selenium WebDriver with Microsoft Visual Studio
- Configure Custom Log Files
- Explain key concepts related to C# technology and C# programming
- Use decision constructs and loops
- Create C# classes
- Develop and use methods
- Create and use single and multi-dimensional arrays
- Use inheritance to extend classes
- Understand inheritance and polymorphism
- Parse strings using String, StringBuilders and Regular Expressions
- Utilize advanced programming techniques to drive Selenium
- Perform SQL calls to verify data
- Programmatically search for web objects
- Dynamically capture data from web controls
- Design a data-driven testing framework in Selenium
- Create distributed user testing to perform multi-user tests (Selenium Grid tests)
- Some software development experience (recommended)
- General understanding of Windows-based applications (desired)
- Knowledge of C# programming is not a prerequisite for this course, but such knowledge is beneficial.