This 5-day class combines the Microsoft Coded UI introduction course, C# for Coded UI Course, as well as the Advanced Coded UI course into an intensive session designed to accelerate your learning of this tool.
The introductory course is designed to familiarize testing professionals with the basics of the Coded UI tests in Microsoft Visual Studio. Testers can build, enhance, and run automated test scripts in Visual Studio. In addition to class lecture, you will be asked to complete labs to reinforce critical concepts and tool functionality. The focus is on the practical application of the Visual Studio Coded UI tests to resolve common functional testing challenges. This course focuses on getting started with Coded UI testing with Visual Studio.
The C# Language course is designed to provide students with the foundation in C# necessary for working, modifying, and customizing Coded UI tests. This course can be taken standalone or in conjunction with the Introduction or Advanced courses. This course is intended for users of Visual Studio's Coded UI tests seeking to gain C# skills necessary to customize and enhance your tests.
The advanced course is designed for testing professionals already familiar with the fundamentals of Coded UI tests with Visual Studio. This course explores advanced techniques for the Coded UI tests. Testers will be asked to complete labs to reinforce critical concepts and tool functionality. The focus is on the practical application of the Visual Studio Coded UI tests to resolve common functional testing challenges.
- New users of Visual Studio who need to test .NET and Web applications.
- Quality assurance practitioners, managers, or team leaders who are responsible for interacting with the testers or who need to ensure that the tools are being implemented fully and appropriately.
At the end of the course, you will be able to:
- Create and execute coded UI tests using the recorder and import functionality.
- Understand the basics of Coded UI testing, UI Map and the Coded UI test structure.
- Navigate the Microsoft Visual Studio interface as it pertains to Coded UI tests.
- Modify scripts to extend the capability to test the application using the UI control locator and enhancing the code.
- Learn to troubleshoot and debug tests to correct common maintenance issues.
- Learn to create data-driven tests
- Explain key concepts related to C# technology and C# programming
- differentiate between different variable types
- Use decision constructs and loops
- Create C# classes
- Create and use single and multi-dimensional arrays
- Develop and use methods
- Use inheritance to extend classes
- Understand inheritance and polymorphism
- String formatting and String manipulation.
- Different ways to handling dynamic objects
- Creating modularized scripts
- Capturing dynamic data from the application
- Utilizing external files
- Establishing database connections
- Work with regular expressions
- Synchronization Techniques
Day 1 & 2:
Day 4 & 5:
To benefit from this course, you should have:
- Some software development experience (recommended)
- General understanding of Windows-based applications (desired)
- Knowledge of C# programming is not a prerequisite for this course, but such knowledge is beneficial.