LoadRunner is an automated load testing tool that allows you to test your application before, during, and after deployment. This course is designed to give you a firm foundation in basic load testing tasks. The LoadRunner Controller and Analysis will be covered in this course. You will create and run load test scenarios using the Controller. The Analysis is used to analyze load test results. You will learn to work with the graphs to display data after a test is run. All topics are supported by hands-on labs designed to provide you with the knowledge necessary to load test your system using LoadRunner.
- Quality Assurance Engineers
- Performance Engineers
- New users of LoadRunner who need to load test their applications and/or executives who will involved in any part of load testing
At the end of the course, you will be able to:
- Identify information that needs to be gathered for load testing.
- Identify the components of LoadRunner.
- Apply the workflow recommended for creating a basic LoadRunner scenario.
- Assign scripts, run-time settings, performance monitors, load generators and Vusers to a LoadRunner scenario based on your load testing goals.
- Load test your application by running a scenario.
- Explain the need for load testing
- Describe various types of performance test objectives
- Identify the steps of the LoadRunner methodology
- Define the term "scenario" in the context of LoadRunner
- Identify strategies for creating effective scenarios
Planning an Effective Scenario
- Define measurable goals for your load test
- Gather preliminary information before load testing your system
- Organize system information effectively
- Use gathered information to plan load tests
- Describe the LoadRunner architecture
- Determine where to install LoadRunner components
- Identify hardware and software needed for installation
Introduction to Scenarios
- Explain the elements of a LoadRunner scenario
- Present the basic steps for creating a scenario
Using Run-time Settings
- Explain the difference between Script and Scenario Run-time settings
- Configure Run-time settings based on load testing goals
- Prepare for a scenario run
- Identify techniques for running a scenario efficiently
- Explain Scheduling by Scenario and by Group
- Configure Scenario Start Time
- Explain a Real-life Schedule and a Run until Complete Schedule
- Manage Schedules through the Actions grid
- Manage Schedules through the Scenario Interactive Graph
Defining Service Level Agreements
- Define a Service Level Agreement
- Create a Service Level Agreement Goal Measured Per Time Interval
- Create a Service Level Agreement Goal Measured Over the Whole Run
- Explain the value of performance monitors
- Select performance monitors to achieve load test goals
- Add measurements for performance based goals
- Explain the value of analyzing results
- Work with the graphs to display data
- Web sites and browsers
- Client/server environment