This two-day course is designed for testing professionals already familiar with Java programming and the fundamentals of IBM Rational Functional Tester. The course explores advanced tool use through Java programming. In addition to class lecture, students will complete lab exercises to reinforce critical tool and language concepts, and gain hands-on experience guided by an expert instructor.
- Anyone already familiar with both Functional Tester and Java programming and wants exposure to advanced techniques with the tool as applied to functional GUI testing.
At the end of the course, you will be able to:
- Parse strings using regular expressions
- Extract data from objects
- Find dynamic objects
- Create dynamic verification points
- Read and write to files
- Submit SQL calls directly to databases
- Handle non-Java windows and non-browser windows
- Regular Expressions
- Capturing dynamic data from objects
- HelperSuper Classes
- Dynamic object tracking
- Custom Verification Points
- File I/O
- Submitting SQL calls via JDBC
- Handling Non-Java Windows and non-Browser Windows
- Completion (or equivalent knowledge) of IBM Rational's training class titled "Essentials of Functional Testing with IBM Rational Functional Tester"
- Knowledge of Java, in particular the topics covered in RTTS' course titled "Java for IBM Rational Functional Tester".