This introductory course is designed to familiarize testing professionals with the basics of the IBM® Rational® test automation tools for use in testing Java and Web applications.
Testers can build, enhance, and maintain scripts in a full-function Java Integrated Development Environment (IDE) that integrates with the IBM® Rational® Software Delivery Platform products. Hands-on instruction is provided for those who want to explore the power of using IBM® Rational® Functional Tester. The Rational Functional Tester application builds effective and resilient test scripts using Java code and IBM® ScriptAssure.™ technology.
The focus is on the practical application of Rational Functional Tester to resolve common Java and Web automated testing challenges. Additionally, some basics about Java code relevant to creating scripts for testing are covered. This course focuses on getting started with Rational Functional Tester.
- IBM Rational Functional Tester users
- Testing professionals
- Quality assurance practitioners
- Team leaders
At the end of the course, you will be able to:
- Describe the function and purpose of Rational Functional Tester
- Navigate the Rational Functional Tester interface
- Record automated scripts
- Play back automated scripts
- View and analyze results
- Modify scripts to extend the capability to test the application
- Use test object maps
- Control object recognition
- Create data-driven tests and use datapools
- Record and playback process
- Creating resilient scripts with ScriptAssure technology
- Test object maps
- Object recognition
- Recognition scores
- Pattern-based recognition
- IBM Rational Software Delivery Platform (perspectives, script debugging, and editing)
- Performing user actions with a script (including verification points)
- Extending scripts with script support features
- Layout and structure of a script
- Logs and logging options
- Datapools and external data sources
- Some software development experience (recommended)
- General understanding of Windows-based applications (desired)
- Knowledge of Java programming is not a prerequisite for this course, but such knowledge is beneficial.