This one-day course is designed to provide students with the foundation in Java necessary for RTTS' Advanced IBM Rational Functional Tester course. This course can be taken standalone or in conjunction with the basic or advanced IBM Rational Functional Tester courses. This course is intended for users of IBM Rational Functional Tester seeking to gain Java skills necessary to customize test scripts.
- New users of IBM Rational Functional Tester who need to test Java and Web applications. The course is designed primarily for testing professionals who will be using the automation tools.
At the end of the course, you will be able to:
- Explain key concepts related to Java technology and Java programming
- Use decision constructs and loops
- Create Java classes
- Develop and use methods
- Create and use single and multi-dimensional arrays
- Use inheritance to extend classes
- Handle runtime exceptions
- Understand inheritance and polymorphism
- Parse strings using String, StringBuffer and StringTokenizer
- Java language fundamentals (data types, control flow structures, arrays)
- Class creation
- Method creation
- Method overloading
- Container classes (Vector, ArrayList, Hashtable)
- Object oriented concepts (Inheritance, polymorphism)
- Exceptions Interfaces
- String-related classes (String, StringBuffer, StringTokenizer)
- Basic knowledge of any programming or scripting language and be comfortable with the topics covered in IBM Rational's Essentials of IBM Rational Functional Tester course.